Bunion – Hallax Valgus
Gold Coast Bunion Treatment & Prevention
Bunion – Hallax Valgus Treatment
Do you have bunions? are you bunions getting bigger? do they stop you from wearing shoes you love?
Book an appointment today at one of our gold coast clinics so you can get back on your feet and enjoy the things you love.
Bunion – Hallax Valgus occurs around ten times more often in women than in men
What Is Plantar Fasciitis
A bunion is an abnormal enlargement of the joint at the base of the big toe. The deformity occurs when the outside muscle (Adductor Hallucis) over powers the inside muscle (Abductor Hallucis). A build up of bone occurs on the joint due to excessive pressure.
- Foot structure eg flat foot, over pronation
- Gender: more common in women
- Poor fitting footwear (long term)
Signs & Symptoms
- Build up of bone on the big toe joint
- Deviation of the big toe outwards
Preventing / treating Bunion – Hallax Valgus
- Correct foot alignment with prescription ORTHOTICS
- Appropriate footwear eg. Wide, low heeled
- Prescription ORTHOTICS (slows progression and treats cause)
- Wide fitting shoes
- Night splints
- Bunion pads
- Toe wedges
- Surgery (bunionectomy)