TINIA PEDIS- ATHLETES FOOT
Keep your foot healthy
What Is Tinia Pedis – Athletes Foot
Tinia pedis is a foot fungal infection due to a dermatophyte fungus. Tinia is also known as athletes foot due to contracture in communal areas such as bathrooms. Tinia / athletes foot thrives in dark, warm, and humid conditions. Tinia / athletes foot is a superficial infection that is caused by exposure to active fungal spores.
Where did I catch the Tinia Pedis – Athletes Foot?
- Excess sweating of the feet (hyperhydrosis)
- Long hours of wearing shoes (especially with plastic lining)
- Moist/undried feet.
- Poor circulation
- Immune deficiency
- Exposure to active spores in bathroom etc
Symptoms of a Tinia Pedis – Athletes Foot
- Itchiness either in between the toes or the soles of the feet
- Possible foul odour
- Scaling or peeling skin
- Redness of feet.
- Clusters of blisters or pustules on the sides of the feet or insteps
Preventing Tinia Pedis – Athletes Foot
- Where clean cotton socks, changing each day
- Where sandals or thongs when at a public shower or pool
- Dry feet thoroughly after showering (use separate towel)
- Anti-fungal sprays or powders for footwear